Parent and Guardians
Our parents and caregivers are committed to the education of their children and youth is exceptional and appreciated.
When lessons are scheduled to be delivered through online instruction, attendance is still required. Teachers will track online attendance through daily assignments and will utilize technology tools to facilitate the confirmation of a student's participation in cloud learning.
Cloud learning requires that parents and caregivers also consider other factors. Specifically, parents and guardians have the responsibility to support their student's meaningful engagement in their online learning.
We have asked teachers to plan instruction for your children through Friday, April 10. Please understand, we do not expect nor do we want your child to be tied to their device for six hours a day. We anticipate the assignments and projects provided will take approximately three hours daily. Of course, it could take some students longer and that is perfectly fine. We believe there should be a balance between online learning and other educational opportunities like reading. writing, practicing the skills they have learned and collaborating with peers. Equally important is making sure your child’s mental health needs are met; this includes time to play, relax and spend time with you.
皇冠体育投注parents with children in grades 3-12 will receive an email from your child's teacher requesting you join their google classroom page. please accept this request, as you will need this access to monitor your child's progress. if you do not get a request, please email your child's teacher(s).
皇冠体育投注parents with children in grades k-2 will receive specific login information for our google platform and powerschool families next week when you pick up your instructional resource packet from your respective school.
- Password: 8h#R35*5
- Password: 8o+%73JF
Technology Assistance, Questions & Feedback
- For assistance using technology devices, contact our helpdesk using this .
first and foremost: when anyone engages online, it's essential that everyone behaves appropriately. west bloomfield students and staff must compile with the student code of conduct and staff handbook when it comes to communicating online. as a quick reminder, when you're online, be sure to:
- Use respectful behavior and language.
- Stick to appropriate topic discussions.
- Send only appropriate video transmissions.
- Use only appropriate icon, emoji, and avatar submissions.
- Wear school appropriate clothing if you are attending meetings via video.
- Be honest and do not plagiarizing or copying others’ work -- in other words, use academic integrity.
- Not falsify information about yourself or impersonate others online.
皇冠体育投注when everyone remembers to act kindly, show consideration for others, and treat one another online as you wish to be treated in person, we'll all be able to focus on learning.
Activities for Children:
Parent & Guardian Resources:
- WBSD Parent Teaching and Learning Update - April 12
- WBSD Parent Teaching and Learning Update - April 5
- WBSD School Closure Update - April 2
- MDE Press Release - April 2
- WBSD Cloud Learning Update - March 26
- WBSD Meal Service Update - March 26
- Dr. Hill's Update - March 23
- Dr. Hill's Cloud Learning Update - March 22
- Dr. Hill's Cloud Learning Letter - March 13
- Grades K-5 Cloud Learning Plan and Food Communication (North End) - March 13
- Grades K-5 Cloud Learning Plan and Food Communication (South End) - March 13
- Grades 6-12 Cloud Learning Plan and Food Communication - March 13
- Dr. Hill's Letter to Families - District Closed Until April 5 - March 13
- Cloud Learning Initiative Parent Communication - March 14